Wednesday 10 April 2013

Life's Mystery - We Need Not To Know...

The blog title is a re-working of a John Cage poem. Known better as a composer, famously of the four minute plus opus of silence, the late composer chose his words carefully.

Someone reviewed my book, Slow Poison recently and I learned a little more about what I do from their perspective.

'I think you handle the unpeeling process brilliantly. It is an unpleasant story -- definitely not one for the squeamish -- but engrossing throughout, not least because it exposes the processes of evil without being in any way judgemental.' Alex Kuhnberg


I have always written intuitively, but indeed, without giving the game away too soon (if at all).

April sees me taking down both of my books from Amazon and the rest. I have decided to un-publish them as e-books for the time being. I feel that, if they have worth, then a conventional publisher will recognise that and put a bit of clout behind them. It's easy to self-publish, but there is a lot of writing out there that might not be ready.


To that end, I am actively seeking an agent. I keep getting close to finding one, but with my uncompromising writing style it will take someone who can see the full and future potential and have just enough faith to take me to the right places. 


This is not a plea of any kind, just an ongoing report on the workings of yet one more writers doings.


But, if you know someone who knows someone...get in touch!


Now - back to Mister Cage's Silence...


Read Slow Poison Here...















No comments:

Post a Comment